theme

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

All The News That's Fit To Print

The first step is to admit that I am a blog neglector. 

Hi. My name is Erin, and it's been two months since my last post. 

Whew!  Now that I've taken care of that, let's get on to all the Kadey Bunch news.....and there's a lot, so fasten your seatbelts.

THE HOUSE
We've been living in our home for the last several months in anticipation of having to move at some point.  So rather than facing the "who knows when" of having to move, we decided to take fate into our own hands and start looking for a rental home.  We thought finding a 5 bedroom home in our price range would be impossible, so we started out looking for 4 bedrooms, even though Kelsea's getting too old to want to share a room with Kian anymore and we'd have to figure out some other configuration.  We soon realized that even 4 bedroom homes were scarce.  Especially in our school district boundaries.  And the few that we did see listed were so far out of town that they may as well have been in another county. 

And then a 5 bedroom home came up on the listing.  It wasn't in the location we wanted, but we figured it might be our only chance at finding anything close to what we needed in the near future.  So we filled out an application and were approved.  The little kids will have to transfer schools, but Kara will now be only minutes from her high school.  The owner moves out on October 15th, and we will take the next week and a half to bring all the small stuff over.   Then the big move-in/rent the U-Haul day will be October 27th.  So I have exactly three weeks to pack up everything.  That may sound like a decent amount of time, but factoring in soccer practices, soccer games, preparing for a garage sale, and Roger working crazy long hours, it's gonna sneak up on us faster than we think.  Which is why I'm getting rid of so much stuff....it's less I have to pack.

THE PROPERTY
As you may remember, we've been holding on to four lots for almost four years.  Well, less like holding on to and more like praying desperately to get rid of.  And then, in just one month, we had two offers and another interested party.  We'd be ecstatic if we were able to sell even two of the four lots.  Heck...we'll be happy to sell even one.

THE KIDS
Well, I managed to convince the principal at Kian's school that he would benefit from repeating kindergarten, even though she was firmly opposed the moment our meeting started.  The endorsement of the pediatric neurologist helped.  That and the fact that I had knowledge of all the research statistics I knew she would bring up and was able to respond with statistics of my own.  Yep.  I went there.  Kian is perfectly happy being back in his awesome teacher's classroom, and hopefully when we move his new class will be a good fit.  Kian is playing soccer and although he exhibited complete obliviousness during practices, he surprised us all during the actual games.  He's got some skill. 

Kelsea is enjoying 4th grade.  Her school has a teacher from China this year who is teaching all the grades Mandarin.  She's playing soccer, also, and really getting more into the game this year rather than the social aspect.  Since she found out we're moving to a 5 bedroom house, she's spent every waking hour trying to talk us into getting her a guinea pig. 

Kara is enjoying being a high schooler.  She's looking for a guitar teacher.  And making cool videos with her friends.

Kylie is volunteering at the hospital, taking a couple of online classes for high school, and taking 3 classes at the college through Running Start.  She's busy.  And she's driving my car.  Needless to say, I am anxious for her to get her own wheels. 

THE DEPRESSION
The latest meds are still working.  I know this because I have had A LOT of stress this last month and I didn't feel the need to drive off a cliff.  I'm not happy with the side effects:  waking up and not being able to fall back asleep, and sudden perspiration.  I say perspiration because it sounds better than sweating.  I can be standing in line at the grocery store and within seconds look like I just ran a marathon.  It's rather embarassing.  I could claim menopause, but I really don't want to add 10 years to my age.  Oh well....better to be sweaty and embarassed than depressed, right? 

THE FAT TO 5K
Um, yeah....about that.  I was doing so well, until I realized what an idiot I was to pick running as my exercise of choice.  Three weeks in and my previously broken left ankle began having shooting pains.  My right foot hurt from a surgery I'd had years ago that left painful scar tissue behind.  And then there was my right leg going numb after 15 minutes from the messed-up disc in my back.  Running just isn't in the cards for me, I guess.  I'm thinking I'll have to take up some non-impact sport like swimming.  But then I'd have to wear a swimsuit.  Anyway....you won't see me at a 5k anytime soon.  Or ever.
 


And that's all the news that's fit to print....and some that probably isn't.


No comments: