theme

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Talking Point Tuesday

God Never Blinks: Lesson 18

"A WRITER IS SOMEONE WHO WRITES. IF YOU WANT TO BE A WRITER, WRITE."

Quotable Quote:

"When God is going to do something wonderful, He always starts with a hardship; when God is going to do something amazing, He starts with an impossibility." (Anne Lamott)

The point of this lesson was that if you want to accomplish something, you needn't wait for the perfect circumstances to begin. If you want to be a writer, put aside your fears that you might not be good enough, and just put pen to paper. You might think it's impossible, but God can make something amazing out of impossibilities.

As I read this chapter, I immediately thought of those times in my life in which God brought something wonderful out of a hardship....and did something amazing with an impossibility.

When we thought we couldn't adopt a child because of Kara's illness, God gave us the impossible: a miraculous overnight healing.

When we thought a second adoption was an impossibility, God amazed us with an impossible sign.

When we thought we would never heal from the adoption that failed, God led us to the child who was truly meant to be ours.

When my disease of depression brought me to a point where it was impossible to go on, God allowed the light of hope to break through.

As we face financial struggles, God uses the hardship to deepen our dependence on Him, and continues to provide for our every need.

Do I wish that I could have avoided all the hardships and just skipped to the blessings? Maybe. But maybe not. All these situations in my life have strengthened my faith in the One who says, "I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." When I face the impossibilities of this life, I know that all I need do is just step out of the boat. I don't have to be proficient at walking on water....I just have to know whose hands will hold me up.

No comments: