So here it is....photos of our new home. You know you're excited. Of course, right now we are peeking inside the current owner's house and not my own. Yet. Because that's all their furniture and not mine. Sadly. But this will serve as a great "before" portfolio when I share my fabulous re-decorating talent in future "after" photos. Because I have about 100 projects I've stockpiled on my Pinterest Decorating board that I will surely find a way to integrate into my new abode. Even though it's a rental home. And I'm not supposed to do anything. I'm confident I can count on your discretion.
 |
The Front
A little drab. O.K.....a lot drab.
Gonna paint that door and put some planters by the stoop to start with.
Oh....and the owners painted the exterior last week.
Haven't seen it yet but hear it is kind of a creamy tan.
I liked the taupe myself, but whatever. |
 |
The Back of The Box
Upper deck freshly painted.
The main living area is upstairs and the door to the backyard is downstairs.
In other words....going to have to find a way to lower the dog from a basket from the deck to do her business.
Fully fenced back yard so animals and children remain where they belong.
|
 |
The Backyard
Not a lot of soccer playing gonna be happening here.
But it has waterslide potential.
And I give it 2 mintues before Kian jumps off that concrete wall and breaks something. |
 |
Living Room (upstairs)
A mantle. I've always wanted a mantle.
Light colored carpet in front of the wood-burning fireplace.
I give it one week before it has ashes ground into it.
They have two seating areas for the fireplace and t.v.
I don't have that many sofas.
I sense a room arrangement dilemma in my future.
Or a trip to Ikea. |
 |
Dining Room
Carpeted.
Four children.
Enough said. |
 |
Kitchen
Old cabinets recently painted black in an attempt to hide the fact that they are old cabinets.
Linoleum floor.
Strange flourescent light/random wires stuff going on above the cabinets.
But there's a double oven, people.
Gotta love that. |
 |
Downstairs Fireplace
Pretty much will never be used, as there is only room for one chair in front of it.
Maybe I will put some candles in it and make this my reading nook. |
 |
Office/Exercise/Craft Room (downstairs)
There's no door to this room, but maybe we can figure out a solution.
The owners are using it for a homeschool classroom.
And we all know that's not gonna happen.
Of course I've said that before.
But I digress.
|
 |
Media Area (downstairs)
Right outside the master bedroom.
We'll probably live to regret this.
Don't ask me how we are going to fit seating for 6 in this space.
Maybe a giant air mattress?
Well, that's it for now. I'll show you the five bedrooms and two bathrooms later. And the one-car garage/laundry room. Which will never shelter a car. Because it is where we are going to have to put all of our stuff that is currently in our storage area. And we have a lot of laundry.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment