theme

Thursday, April 22, 2010

You may have noticed there is no church review for last Sunday.  I've been a little under the weather.  On our last church visit, an elderly gentleman passed out in the service and a paramedic wheeled him out in a stretcher.  I DO NOT want to be that person.  So, considering the possible seriousness of my symptoms at the time, we spent last Sunday at home.  I'm sure that this little health scare will end up being something stupid like indigestion, but just in case, I've been taking it easy.  The timing is wonderful (sarcasm) as Roger and I are going away for several days (alone) for the first time in a year and a half.  I'm sure we'll make many happy memories of my sleeping all day and asking Roger every 10 minutes if he thinks I'm having a heart attack.  The doctor said it's probably the best thing for me right now to go away without the kids and get some rest.  You think?  I've already made the acquaintance of the Lincoln City hospital and their fabulous paramedics (aren't youth group retreats fun?), but I'd rather not be a patient this time.  Anyway, there will be no church review this Sunday either, as I will be lying on the beach reading books for a few days (don't hate me).  We are actually down to only 2 more churches to visit.  And then we have to make the rounds of our top three again because one visit isn't enough to base a decision on.  Although apparently it is for my father, who, after finding the only church in town that still has a choir, promptly called the director and asked to join.  Um, Dad....slow the wagon down. 

Here is a little poem I wrote during my bedrest that will fill you in on the last several weeks of my fabulous life.


DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

My pulse is racing
I easily tire
All day I imagine
My heart will expire

Running up stairs?
Now I just creep
I can't drive my car
`Cause I might fall asleep

I constantly feel
Like I'm running a race
I don't know if I
Can keep up with this pace

My heart's on a treadmill
But I just can't win
All of the effort
And still I'm not thin

Two x-rays, some bloodwork
EKG, MRI
Cardiology is next
Sure, let's give it a try

I've spent so much time
In a waiting room chair
That I'm slowly acquiring
A head of gray hair

My sleep is disrupted
My house is a mess
The last time I cleaned it?
I can't even guess

The kids are all whining
They have no clean socks
Note the sarcasm when I say
"Tachycardia Rocks!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have always felt that "sarcasm" is one of the best coping mechanisms ever invented. I have yet to find it under the "spiritual gifts" portion of the Bible. But, I'm still looking!

Bless you, Girl, in all you're dealing with!

Erin said...

Thanks, Lise.....I'm actually pondering a blog about sarcasm and have found quite a few biblical examples. Stay tuned. lol ;-)

David Golden said...

Hooray for church choirs (and your dad)!