GOD NEVER GIVES US MORE THAN WE WERE DESIGNED TO CARRY.
Quotable Quotes: "God never gives us more than we were designed to carry. Some of us were designed for more, some for less. No matter what, even if we are asked to carry a portion of the sky, it is beyond bearable. It is a gift."
The author talks about her uncle, who was one of those apparently "designed to carry more." He was married with five children when their sixth child, a son, was born with Down Syndrome. Three years later, his wife passed away from breast cancer leaving him a single parent of six. He lost his job during his wife's last days because he had to miss too many days of work to care for her during her illness. The story goes on to tell how he started a new career and raise all six children to become successful adults, with his youngest son filling the role of his partner in life.
When I look at my life and the struggles I go through, they seem so enormous when seen from the fishbowl of my own little world. But out there in the ocean of humanity are millions of people whose trials put mine to shame. And they handle them with much more grace and acceptance than I do. I tell God, "Enough already! Don't you know I can't take anymore?" I complain that I've been given more than I was designed to carry. I must have been...because I'm buckling under the pressure.
But maybe I'm looking at it from the wrong perspective. Maybe I'm struggling not because I've been given more than I can handle, but because I'm spending more time griping about it than being grateful that it isn't worse. Rather than whining that He's got me mixed up with someone else who's a whole lot more patient than I am, I should be asking God to help me be the person He trusted enough to place these challenges upon. Maybe He's just waiting for me to stop playing the victim long enough to see the life preserver He's holding out to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment