The white-capped waves are tossing, turning,
Carrying me far from shore.
Lost and lonely, weak and weary,
Drowning in the ocean's roar.
Treading water for so long now,
Endless day and endless night.
Clouds are hiding rescue's timing,
Waiting with no end in sight.
On the surface swirling, churning.
Far below is peaceful, still.
To fight surrender to the deep
Requires all my strength, my will.
Hard to hear the voice of reason
O'er the sound of crashing waves.
Silenced by the deafening noise
The still, small voice my spirit craves.
Losing hope I seek my Savior -
Why will He not calm the sea?
"Peace. Be still," I hear Him speak
Not to the storm, but unto me.
"Just tread a little longer, child,
For you're just passing through.
Remember you are not home yet,
I'm making all things new."
And so I rest upon His words,
"All that you need is me."
My eyes upon the Savior now
And not the stormy sea.
-Erin Kadey
2 comments:
You should send it to Casting Crowns for their next album.
I was hoping you'd put it to music and post your performance on facebook. Maybe we'll go viral.
Post a Comment