theme

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DPR Day One & Two....FAIL

Satan likes to mess with me whenever I get motivated to do anything. I woke up Monday morning, daily schedule in place and exercise clothes laid out. I set the alarm for the first time in months so I would stick to the new plan. But when I jumped (o.k. - dragged myself) out of bed, I couldn't put any weight on my left heel. Sunday I had been sweeping the floor when something felt like it punctured my foot. Apparently it hadn't just punctured it, it had lodged in there as well. So much for the treadmill. "Oh well," I thought, "I'll just do some strength training/weights instead this morning." Roger took the older girls to school, and I was in my sweats anticipating a workout after dropping off the younger kiddos. Then I happened to glance at the calendar and saw that Kara had an orthodontist appointment at 9:20. So I rushed to get hair and makeup done. I dropped off Kian and Kelsea, then realized I needed to buy notebook paper for Kara and a couple of things I needed for dinner. I ran in and out of the supermarket, then picked up Kara, went to the appointment, and returned her to school, at which point I had only an hour left until needing to pick up Kian from Kindergarten. Not wanting to waste gas going home only to turn around and come right back in 20 minutes, I ran a couple more errands, then picked up Kian and headed home.


Pretty much my entire morning schedule was shot at this point. So I spent the next three hours cleaning and doing genealogy research. I decided I would lift weights while watching The Bachelor later that night, but after picking up the older kids at school, surviving a homework meltdown, and making dinner.....my mood had taken a turn for the worse. I was sad, and tired, and basically lay on the sofa the rest of the night feeling miserable about life in general.


And then I went to bed and lay awake for two hours with insomnia.


So here's the lowdown for day one:


Omega 3.....check
Sunlight.....um, it was freezing and raining and sleeting and hailing all day.
Exercise.....Nope
Healthy food....I ate some carrots....that's good, right?
Sleep.....Only 5 hours
Routine....Nope
Bible Study.....I read a book that mentioned God in it. Does that count?
Do something that brings joy.......I did genealogy, and watched The Bachelor (on second thought, this probably contributed to my bad mood because Ben is an idiot and annoys me).

Day two followed the same pattern, with an unexpected morning meeting from 9-10, then picking up a couple things at the store I found out last night a child ABSOLUTELY needed for tomorrow, then picking up Kian, then cleaning the basement all afternoon because Kylie's boyfriend was coming over and I'm nice like that, then picking up boyfriend at 5:30 thus changing dinner plans. Yep. It pretty much looks like the "schedule" is more of an ideal to be strived for than something I can follow to the letter.

Maybe tomorrow.

3 comments:

GrammaKaren said...

Sounds like you earned a medal for all you accomplished - made me tired just reading it.

Suggestion: let Kylie clean the room the night before boyfriend is coming. Not your job mom - if he goes home and announces that the house was a mess his mom will say "yippee" I understand.

NOT JUNE CLEAVER said...

Kylie usually cleans it for me. There was just so much of my stuff down there that she had no idea what to do with....organization nightmare. I thought I'd make it easier on her. Plus, it's rare that I actually have the motivation to clean/organize...gotta take advantage of it while it's there. :)

GrammaKaren said...

Yep - grab the moment when it strikes. Love you so much - wish I could make you well. But we do continue in prayer for you.