There is no way that this winter is *ever* going to end as long as this groundhog keeps seeing his shadow. I don't see any other way out. He's got to be stopped. And I have to stop him. -Phil Collins (Groundhog Day)
Well, it only seems fitting to for me to celebrate Groundhog day. A furry rodent comes out of his burrow once a year to determine if spring is on it's way, or if winter will continue to drag on. I can relate. I am not a furry rodent (though I will admit to a lack of motivation in the area of shaving my legs regularly while I'm depressed), but I do come out of my bedroom each morning (rather than once a year) to determine if the day will bring a small ray of light with it (spring) or if I will once again face the dreariness of another long gray day (winter). You may notice that the groundhog returns to his burrow regardless of whether or not he sees his shadow. He doesn't seem to care much either way. I think I am qualified to say that he may, too, suffer from clinical depression. Yes, Groundhog Day is a holiday I can get behind.
In truth, I woke up this morning feeling happy for the first time in a long while. I was actually singing as I got ready for the day. I figured someone must have prayed especially well for me yesterday after reading my blog. My good mood lasted until the afternoon at which time the extreme fatigue (a lovely side effect of the Zoloft) kicked in. By early evening I could feel the seratonin level dropping with every minute that passed, and the day ended with me retreating to hide in my bed and wonder how a day that started out so hopeful could end with my feeling completely hopeless again.
Anyone know how to skin a groundhog?
1 comment:
I'm glad you had a small ray of light today. Will pray for a brighter day tomorrow.
Cindy
Post a Comment