theme

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The 2nd Day of the Rest of my Life

So far so good....

Since I felt guilty about eating pizza last night, I decided to exercise even though I was going to wait until next week in order not to overwhelm myself with too many changes at once.  I used the recumbent bike (which for most of you exercise enthusiasts doesn't even qualify as exercise....I mean, you're reclining for heaven's sake), but hey....I broke a sweat and pedaled hard for 40 minutes, which is how long the episode of "Teen Mom" lasted.  Later, I decided to do something to make me happy besides snacking, so I decorated for autumn and built a fire in the fireplace. I did great with my food choices today even though my afternoon was a chaotic mess (I got the bus pick-up time mixed up in my head and they had to leave Kian with a neighbor since I was frantically driving to two different school campuses to pick up two of my other kids from after-school activities at the time and one of them had taken my phone).  I am seriously losing my mind and it is only week three of the school year.  I actually cried because I felt like such a crappy mom.  Normally that would make me reach for a cookie, but this time I just compared myself to other more-crappy moms, and that seemed to work out well.

For those of you wondering if I am counting calories....the answer is no.  I have neither the time nor the inclination to scan through 100 pages to find exactly how many calories are in a banana, and then determine if my banana is "small", "medium", or "large."  What....do I have to measure it too?  I am simply using my God-given common sense (as well as information gained from thousands of accumulated hours of watching Dr. Phil and reading every word of People Magazine's "I Lost Half My Weight!" issues). 

For those of you wondering if you will get to see a "before and after" photo.....the answer is no.  Somewhere out there are people who still have an image of me in their mind's eye as a thin, attractive high school or college student, and believe me, I will do all in my power to keep them in a state of ignorance.  Those high school boys I had crushes on may have heard that I am twice the person I once was....but there is no reason they need to have the rumor confirmed with an actual photo.  Of course my head is shown in some of my facebook pictures....but I can hold out hope that my childhood friends who haven't seen me in years may just think I carry all my weight in my face and am still gorgeous from the neck down.  I live in my own little fantasy world, and I like it here.

I am going to try to include what I ate on the days when I actually have time to blog, mostly for my own benefit so I can keep track, and also because my conscience will not allow me to lie on my blog....so knowing that everything I put in my mouth will end up on here is further motivation.  This will probaby bore you to tears, so just skip over it unless you can't think of somthing delicious to eat, and then all you have to do is read my food choices and eat the opposite.

For today.....
Breakfast:   Frozen diet breakfast bowl
Snack:   Light yogurt with 1/8 c. granola
Lunch:  A small salad and steamed veggies 
Snack:  Popcorn with fake butter powder
Dinner: Salad and bowl of corn chowder
Snack:  Flavored water

Inspirational/Humorous Quote for the Day: 
"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip."
~Arnold H. Glasgow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Erin...I applaud you for your honesty...I have "started" (notice the quotation marks) a new exercise routine and it's killing me (and I may have shin splints, at least I think that's what they are...) I am such an emotional eater too and boy have the emotions gotten the best of me for the past 7 yrs!!! I'll be praying for you and maybe I'll start blogging along with you....

Anonymous said...

Oh sorry Erin...forgot to leave my name!
Deb Strom :)