theme

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Health Update

Just wanted to let you all know what is going on with the heart problems I was having earlier this summer.  As many of you heard, I was experiencing extreme debilitating fatigue, tachycardia, chest pain, night sweats, sleeplessness, and breathlessness.  I spent months feeling the frustration of not being able to keep up with my home, enjoy time with my kids, or drive my car without the constant fear that I might have a heart attack at any time.  I went through multiple specialist visits, blood tests, lung function tests, x-rays, CT scan, EKG's, and finally, a heart catheter procedure.  After all this, my heart and lungs were both given a seal of approval, and though I had a hefty medical bill, I was no closer to finding any answers.  The only possibility we had to work with was a positive test for an autoimmune disorder....and that too led to a dead end....at least for now.  In the end, my symptoms slowly subsided on their own.  I may not have any answers, but I do have a heart full of gratefulness for those who kept me in their prayers during this time.  In all possibility, it may have been your prayers that kept all those potentially devastating test results from being more serious. 


All of this time and energy spent on my health HAS led to some positive changes, though.  I decided to rid my body of all the medications I was on that had the potential for causing weight gain, headaches, and other side effects I was dealing with.  I am down from five daily medications to just two, and am working on phasing out one of those.  As I begin my weight loss journey, I don't want there to be any excuses or hindrances in the way, and for me, these medications have served as both.  I'm sure my family would appreciate your continued prayers as at least one of these medications has kept me from going over the edge, and now that I no longer have ice cream to soothe my nerves, my husband and children fear for their lives.  I'm only sort of kidding. 

No comments: