Sorry I didn't post on weigh-in day yesterday. I pulled another all-nighter on Sunday night, after only getting 4 hours of sleep Saturday night. I couldn't have put a coherent sentence together to save my life. Apparently going off of one of my medications is similar to withdrawing from heroin. Not that I would know. But after the last two nights I have kind of an idea. And lack of sleep is not a dieter's friend. Anyway, it looks like I lost 2 pounds last week. Guess I should be happy, but after scrutinizing every bite I put in my mouth, I guess I hoped for more. Time to step up with the exercise. Just forcing my eyelids open was excercise enough for Monday. Today? Bleh....I don't really have an excuse. How did I do with my eating this weekend? Not so great, but then again, I chose not to eat a lot of the temptations that were sitting around the house (leftover cinnamon rolls, chocolate chip cookies, etc.). Probably a 3 steps forward, 2 steps back weekend. Which is o.k. Expecting perfection is what kept me from moving forward in the past. This time I've told myself that failure is not only an option....it is a given. I WILL fail at times....some days will be great and some may be complete disasters. The goal this time is not to let the disaster days lead to giving up on myself. I have to be o.k. with 3 steps forward and 2 steps back, as long as I'm moving in the right direction.
Today's Food Selections:
Breakfast: Tropical Fruit Smoothie
Snack: Coffee
Lunch: Frozen Entree
Snack: 4 chicken taquitos (my frozen entree left me starving....next time I will have fruit with it so it fills me up more)
Dinner: Salad with 2 crispy chicken strips
Snack: Popcorn
Today's Inspirational/Humorous Quote:
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use." ~Earl Nightingale
No comments:
Post a Comment