theme

Friday, September 17, 2010

The 3rd Day of the Rest of my Life

Today went well despite the fact that there was teen drama that turned my afternoon into an emotional roller-coaster.  In addition, my Great-Aunt passed away Tuesday, and though it was not a shock to us as she has been physically unwell for a couple of years now and ready to move on, I am obviously still grieving her passing.  Tomorrow is the funeral....and it falls at the same time as Kian would be getting on the bus/Kara has a speech to give at school/Kylie is leaving for an All-School Retreat.  Then Kian developed a stomachache that has lasted all day and I am worried he will be sick tomorrow.  I'm just a little stressed.  And my parents are out of town this week and can't make it back for the funeral.  The wierd thing is, normally I would have really thought to myself, "I need a bowl of ice cream tonight because I deserve it after surviving this day."  Instead, I just decided it would be best to go to bed early and sleep on it, knowing that everything would look a little better in the morning.  And I didn't even care.  Maybe my mindset is beginning to change.

Breakfast:  Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Snack:  Lite Popcorn
Lunch:  Leftover corn chowder
Snack:  Small salad
Dinner:  Roasted Chicken, cheese corn, baked potato
Snack:  Flavored water

Inspirational/Humorous quote of the day
"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."  ~Paula Poundstone

  

No comments: