theme

Friday, January 1, 2010

Today's Mosquito Bite

January 1, 2010

I had a headache today.  I really didn't feel like doing anything but lying in bed all day with an ice pack on my head.  But I had just put a huge meal in the crockpot that I knew would be more than enough to share, so I invited my parents over for dinner and games tonight.  During the hour before they were to arrive, I had a mini nervous breakdown over, well, everything and nothing.  I was ready to take a long walk on a very short pier.  My head said, "cancel the dinner plans."  My heart said, "the kids and my parents are looking forward to a fun night."  So I put on a happy face just moments before my folks walked in the door, and decided to endure.  But I didn't have to endure.  We had a great conversation at dinner, with lots of laughter.  We played a new game that turned out to be stupid, but was fodder for even more laughter.  And then we played a rousing game of charades that, despite arguments over cheating by certain team members, was quite entertaining.  By the end of the evening, my heart had taken over my head, and I remembered what was good about life again.  

Mosquito Bite:  Hosting dinner and game night
Difference Made:  Provided laughter and fun for my family, and stopped a meltdown in it's tracks

No comments: