theme

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Today's Mosquito Bite

January 6, 2010

Today, I did something that is not easy for me.  One of my friends asked a group of ladies to be her prayer partners.  Praying for others is  not the difficult part.  Asking for prayer for those areas in which I need help - and therefore admitting my failures to others - is.  But I knew it would be beneficial to me to both pray for my friends needs, and receive prayer for mine.  So I shared the top three struggles in my life right now.  And it was strangely freeing.  Even more freeing, was reading about the struggles of my friends, and knowing that I am not alone in feeling overwhelmed by life at times.  Knowing that others are facing challenges.  Knowing that being a Christian doesn't mean you have to always reflect a perfect image to others.  That sometimes we need to reveal our weaknesses in order to receive strength and support from others.  I'm excited about the difference such a small thing can make, and thankful to my friend for being brave enough to take the first step.

Mosquito Bite:  Joining a prayer partnership
Difference Made:  Hopefully where two or three are gathered, we will see many answers to prayer

No comments: