January 4, 2010
Over Christmas break I did a lot of thinking about ways to improve our family's sanity level. One of the things I knew would help is routine. I regularly come up with routines, but for some reason they always fizzle out after too long. Well, I suspect the reason is sometimes laziness, but usually lack of any physical or mental energy to follow a routine. It's easier to just go with the flow, but the result of this is even more insanity, and even less mental and physical energy. So, today I reinvented a routine for after school and evenings. A time for chores, family meals, homework, and bedtime stories. Who does what and when. And things went quite smoothly for the day. Chores were done on time, people came to the table for dinner at the same time, homework was mostly done, and, after a long search for the perfect book, bedtime stories were read.
Mosquito Bite: Creating a routine for my family
Difference Made: More peaceful bedtime, more peaceful family
No comments:
Post a Comment