January 5, 2010
Today I painted my daughter's room. Again. The first time I painted it primary blue. That was a couple of years ago. But now, with Kelsea moving back in with her, she wanted a change. Raspberry pink. Even though I spent several months in a row painting at the church this summer and swore I would not pick up another paintbrush for at least a year, I caved. What's one coat....maybe two? Well, I am now on my 4th coat...2 gallons and 1 quart later. Apparently it's wise to cover a blue paint with a primer before you try to cover it with pink paint. Who knew? But it's a labor of love. And even though I know all I will get, if I'm lucky, is a hasty "thanks Mom," it will suffice. Because it's what we moms do. Try to make our kids happy in the ways that we can, since there are so many other ways that are beyond our control.
Mosquito Bite: Hours and hours of painting
Difference Made: A kid who one day will hopefully look back and know that I thought she was always worth the effort
No comments:
Post a Comment