January 3, 2010
Day three of the monthly week-long headache. The kids have been pretty much confined to the house for the entire Christmas break due to my feeling the need to reorganize the house and paint, etc. Well, that and my desire to not take them all out in public at once without my husband there to keep me from doing them bodily harm. Anyway, despite my throbbing head, and the fact that I had several unfinished projects still to do, I put on my game face and joined my husband and the girls for a day at OMSI. When I wanted to stick my head in the fake guillotine to end my misery, I instead smiled and carried on. When one child complained 20 minutes into the outing that they were bored with certain exhibits, I refrained from sticking HER head in the fake guillotine. When another child became upset more than once for no apparent reason and repeatedly made a scene, I smiled and said, "I'm sorry you're upset," refraining (just barely) from taking her into the electrical science room to introduce her to the concept of shock treatment. When a third child wanted to spend 45 minutes in the small room where a boatload of children were running around throwing little blue balls at each other, I patiently bided my time. The result? Well, my headache never went away, but it didn't get worse, either. Everyone had fun despite their moments of not-so-greatness. And we got to see the bones of a really big T-Rex. Pretty cool.
Mosquito Bite: Taking the kids to OMSI despite a headache and unfinished projects
Difference Made: Spent time with my kids, which is becoming more valuable as they grow up faster and faster.
No comments:
Post a Comment